Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Missouri beaches~ sand, sun, and ducks!

I asked my kids what they wanted to do today and they said 'go to the beach'!!  I said 'well OK, suit up'! Wait, what.....you live in Missouri!!!    I know that sounds funny doesn't it!!  But here in Missouri we have an abundance of lakes!!  There are over 50 lakes in Missouri, most are man made but almost half are natural.  We love spending time at the lake- fishing, hiking the trails and boating!  I of course love taking photo's at the lake!!   And, I take my kids to the beach!    There are two great lakes close to where I live, one has a beach.  It's the normal you know, fishy lake water.  But it does have a sandy bottom and a clean beach to lay out on.   The nice thing about the lake beach is that I can take my cooler filled with drinks and snacks (saves a ton) and admission is very inexpensive!  It's fun to play in the sand, build sandcastles and give myself a sand scrub!  Believe it or not a shell or two can be found. (I know, weird) And you get to watch the geese and ducks floating and dipping. Sometimes even witness the 'big one' jumping out of the water teasing fisherman.   All in all it's not the beautiful white sand beaches of Florida, but hey, beggars can't be choosers!  And Missourians love their lakes!!




http://www.visitusa.com/missouri/lakes/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment