Sunday, August 4, 2013

Once was lost, now is found!


I had the best coffee cake recipe, but it got lost!!    I searched through every recipe box, folder and drawer I have!!  If you are like me I have recipes everywhere.  Oh, I have a recipe box from when I got married, with recipes still in it from when I got married. (26 yrs ago)   Some I have used, some not.  I have added to that recipe box through the years with my tried and true recipes and kept it pretty organized- desserts, main course, side dishes etc....     But with the computer and printer came a lot of disorganization.  You would think it the opposite.  You would think it would be easier to print out and organize a recipe folder.  And I did so to begin with.  I bought some folders and labeled them accordingly- desserts, main course, side dish, even a neat little craft folder.  And when I would print out recipe or craft I would put it in the correct folder-not hard.  But now after many years of doing this my folders are torn, tattered and spilled on.  They look like something you would find in a fourth grade boys desk!  Stained recipes all sticking out every which way, a 'ragtag' mess!!    But anyway, I have been searching for this one recipe for a while now, with no luck!   So today after church I thought I would give it another try and to my amazement found it!!!  ( in the correct folder)   I think it's a sneaky gremlin thing! (or maybe it's that I get in a hurry)  You know how you look for something and can't find it in it's place, so you give up only to come back to that place and find it!  Weird!!!   I had my parents over for breakfast and made my delicious coffee cake~ I can now sleep! 
I want to share it with you because in my search for another one like it online I couldn't find one!



Coffee Cake
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 package instant Vanilla pudding
1 package instant butterscotch pudding
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
3/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs

 ** filling/topping**
1 &1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Combine all cake ingredients and beat, pour 1/2 of batter in a 9x13 pan, *sprinkle 1/2 cinnamon mixture on batter, pour remaining batter over that and top with rest of cinnamon mixture.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  Easy and delicious!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I'm following you on Google +, but I don't check that much. Do you have Google Friend Connect for your blog, or maybe you could set up a Bloglovin' account to be followed? Or Networked Blogs, which will automatically update to Facebook whenever you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I will check that out, I will look for your blog too!!! ♥

      Delete