Monday, August 12, 2013

Smart shopping (good thing to teach your kids)

Well the countdown has started- the start of a new school year!!   So, one last time to shop before the big day.  My daughter and I love to shop, she has expensive taste, me- I love a bargain!!  I have prided myself on teaching my kids to shop smart.  By smart I mean clearance racks and coupons!!!  You can go to just about any nice store, whether it's mid-range priced like the Gap, American Eagle, Hollister, JCPenney or up scale stores like Dillard's, Macy's, Nordstrom's and now Victoria Secret  (those are upscale to me)  and find a clearance rack!!  Most always in the back of the store, its worth it to find and seek!!!

Today we went to JCPenney, and hit the jackpot!!  The nice thing about that store is that it has a bunch for my girl and I!!  It think I actually found more today for myself than she did.  And everything was on sale, cha-ching!!!
 Like I said, she has expensive taste so even though she just got about 3 items hers cost way more than mine because it was all Nike!  But Nike on sale is always a good thing!!

Last week we went to Victoria Secret and dropped way more than my mom would have spent on groceries for two weeks (back in the 80's)!!!!   But to my daughters defense, we had a coupon and she had some of her own money! YAY!  My oldest son is the same way, he likes the 'better' brands but he has also learned to get them on sale.  Like right now places like Macy and Dillard's have their end of season sale and it's awesome!!!  You get great name brands for sometimes as much as 75% off!!!  Wow, can't beat it!

My middle child doesn't really care what I buy him or where it's from, he's easy! (thank the Lord for one)!!
I have used coupons when and where I can and always ask the register clerk if they have any in-store coupons (hey it doesn't hurt to ask)!
Always check the Sunday paper, Macy's always has some great discounts in there, and check out snip snap (the app) they usually have something there as well.  (some work, some don't)   Also if you use the store credit card ask them about a discount for using their card.

And for Pete's sake, always check out the clearance rack!!  Only you will know that shirt you're wearing is from the Dillard's clearance rack and only cost $5.95! 


Here are some websites that go straight to the clearance rack!! (save some time, shop online)
Angie

JCPenney
Macy's
Victoria's Secret
Dillard's
 Nike
Hollister

No comments:

Post a Comment