Saturday, August 3, 2013

To grow, or not to grow, that is the question..

To grow, or not.....my hair that is!   My hair seems to grow pretty fast, especially in the summer, or so it seems.   It's hot, so you pull it up, which is easy and quick!  Or cut it to keep it off my neck.  I started the summer with it pretty short.  It was cut in a cute stacked bob. But I let it grow, or maybe I just let it go! I let it go/grow enough that I started pulling up into a pony tail.  That has become my everyday easy look. Including no or very little make-up, oh and not showering everyday......I know it sounds gross, but sometimes I don't even leave the a/c.  I mean, if I'm going out to garden, or swimming whats the point??  I don't let myself get too stinky or the dirt ring around my neck point.  But it's nice to get up (late) and just go!!!   No coiffed hair, no make-up, and no shower.   Jeez....I'm starting to sound really lazy!!!   BUT, with summer closing in, I have a little part time job to go back to at a local elementary school.  So my lazy stinky days are over!!!!
 Back to my dilemma, should I cut my hair into the cute and easy stacked bob or should I continue to let it grow??
I always envision my hair looking like Jennifer Aniston's  or Eva Mendes.  Long, straight, sleek, highlighted, cut in long shaggy layers. Even when their hair is messy it looks pretty. But I have frizzy, thinning, color treated (thank you children) and somewhat wavy hair.  Oh I could really spend some time on it with the help of about 6 products, a flat iron and at least 30 minutes.   But who wants to go through that trouble!!  Well lots of women do, and I will admit, I have, but don't really know if I want to fatigue my shoulder muscle with the blow dryer and buy extra product and spend all that time just for long flowing hair when I could sleep in another 20 minutes!

Anyway, I am still thinking about it!  I even thought about getting a perm, HA- really showing my age now!!  I  do wish perms were back, it made it so much easier to grow your hair out!  For all of us getting ready for school to start and leaving these nice, lazy, no showered days behind, we will probably go to our hairdresser's and tell them to make us look cute, and end up leaving with a bob!!! 
Angie

2 comments:

  1. I wish they had a perm that would make my hair have the kind of curls that you get with a curling iron, one of the really big ones, as opposed to the tight ones that I got back in the 80's! My sister Sarah has the hair I want. It's not fair. As for not showering every day? That's my summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That kind of perm would be awesome!! Summer is great!!

      Delete