Friday, August 16, 2013

My no- brainer meal

OK, so we all have a few of what I call-no brainer meals.  You know those super easy, made from a box (hamburger helper) or a frozen something or other.  The kind of dinner that takes about 20-30 minutes and requires no cooking skills!!   You look through the cabinets and find you only have about 5 decent items left at the end of your grocery week- a can of tuna, a 1 lb of beef, some noodles, half a container of cottage cheese or sour cream a few cans of soup, and usually a small bit of cheese.  Well I had one of those days already this week!  I found my hamburger tater tot casserole recipe and decided to go for it!!    Oh it's not too exciting, but I figure you can pretty much add what you want to this one and it will be great!

This is one of those recipes I printed off long ago and store in my stained and torn  'main dish' folder.   (an earlier blog)
But of course I add stuff to make this 'no brainer' dish as tasty as possible!  I also have a killer tuna casserole!!!  I will post that one someday too!!

BTW-  If you have a few things in the cupboards and don't know what to do with them I found an awesome web-site that finds recipes based on what you have in stock!!  It's one of the easiest and user friendly sites I have ever used!!  It asks you what you have on hand then comes up with quite of few recipe options!!  Check it out!!

my fridge food, recipe finder










My Hamburger tater tot recipe-

1 lb ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup onion chopped
Tater Tots
1 can of corn
shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste
( I also added garlic powder)
**you could also add a can of drained Rotel for a little spice!

Brown ground beef and onion add salt and pepper. (drain if necessary)  Put in a casserole dish, ( I used my iron skillet for the whole thing)   Put corn (or any other veggies) on top of meat. 
Mix sour cream and soup together along with 1/2 cup of milk, pour over meat and stir together, top with tater tots and cheese.  Bake in oven according to tater tot directions (about 25 min) .





We love cheese!!







 No -Brainer dinner at it's best!  

Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment