Sunday, August 11, 2013

My 'Retro' Sunday brunch

I got up this morning thinking about a dish I used to make, long ago.   It's a quiche, and it's retro!  Why, because it's from a recipe book that's about 27 years old. I guess in the world of recipe books that's not really that old. This recipe book in particular was given to me at my wedding shower, but printed a year before.  It's one of those recipe books put together by a local club and sold around town, with recipes from people you actually know!  

                                               *notice the frayed edges!

Of course the first year or so of marriage that book sat on a shelf in my kitchen with just one other recipe book-given to me at my wedding shower (were people trying to tell me something).
When I finally started to take an interest in cooking I pulled that book out and got into it.  I made the easiest recipes in there!  And one of them was this quiche recipe.  We would have quiche for breakfast and dinner sometimes.  You know how back in the day when you would find a recipe that worked you would make it at least once a week? Well that's what I did until my husband said he was burned out on quiche!  (and all the other 'easy' recipes I used to make).  

So fast forward to now, I got up and thought about that easy quiche recipe and since my boys are into working out and wanting more protein I thought this would be perfect, plus it's easy- did I already say that??!
 
When it was all said and done, my son pretty much ate half of it, (by himself) and said it was amazing!  So here it is..........enjoy!

Quiche~

1 lb of sausage
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup Bisquick
4 eggs

Brown sausage and put in the bottom of a 10 inch pan. Sprinkle cheese over meat.  Mix milk, Bisquick and eggs.  Pour over cheese.  Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
* May substitute sausage for bacon (which is what I did) or ham, or hamburger with onion.  Or even add some veggies. YUM!  **milk mixture will be slightly lumpy, and that's OK!!

*I had to serve it on my 'retro' stoneware dish!

*notice the cinnamon roll from my farmers market purchase! 

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment